(CNN Español) – The leaders of Mexico, the United States and Canada will meet on Thursday for a summit for the first time in 5 years. The three countries have close commercial, social, cultural and cooperative ties, but how different are they?
We tell you the data to understand their relationships:
The relationship between Mexico and the United States.
- The United States and Mexico share a border of more than 3,200 km and have 55 ports of entry on that border
- The relationship between the United States and Mexico is complex and has many social, immigration, cultural, economic and more factors. Mexico is the second largest trading partner of the United States.
- The trade volume between the two countries reached 536.7 billion US dollars in 2020
- 1.6 million Americans live in Mexico
- Mexico is the number one foreign destination for American travelers.
The relationship between Mexico and Canada
- Trade and investment exchanges between Canada and Mexico are on the rise. Topics of interest to the two countries range from energy, agriculture, creativity, culture and innovation, among others.
- In 2020, trade between the two countries amounted to more than 28.6 billion US dollars
- Mexico is Canada’s third largest trading partner
- Mexico was the second largest source of travelers to Canada in 2020
- In 2020, 28,000 agricultural workers from Mexico came to Canada
The relationship between the United States and Canada
- The two countries share the largest international border: about 8,891 kilometers with 120 ports of entry on that border
- The State Department says the relationship between the United States and Canada is one of the closest and most comprehensive de EE.UU.
- Every day, about 1.7 billion US dollars of goods are exchanged between the two countries
- The relationship between the United States and Canada focuses on the economy, climate change, national and border security, global affairs, and the opioid crisis, among others.